Welcome to our blog

We wanted to start this blog as a way to keep track of all the new things going on in our family...read along for fun tales, lots of pictures and just try and keep up with the chaos!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Addding a Boy to the Burgess Family

We found out in February that we are adding a boy to our family.  Most of us were excited about this news, and very happy that he was healthy in his ultrasound scan.  Ellie, however, had her sights set on a girl and was pretty disappointed when we opened the news at home.  It was the first time I have seen her genuinely heartbroken.  She cried and cried saying sweet things like "I wanted someone to wear my princess dresses with me" and "Who will wear my old red cowboy boots now?  I thought I would give them to my sister".

To coax her out of her despair, we immediately went on a toy shopping trip to Target, where Ellie very sweetly insisted on picking out a toy for her new baby brother before she picked out her own toy.  Since then, she has perked up about having a little brother.  The countdown to July 2 is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment